If not, our goal is to make your exchanges or return as easy as possible. Choose from the simple options listed
below that best meets your needs.
It doesn’t matter if you purchased your merchandise from our web store, by phone or from one of our stores, simply visit one of our 70+ 4 Wheel Parts stores nationwide, with your original invoice to receive fast, courteous exchanges or returns service. This will save you the cost of returning the merchandise to one of our warehouses. Questions? Contact the retail store nearest you at (844) 276-6892 OR Find your store here - Store Locator
Are you in a hurry for your new merchandise? No problem; choose our Rapid Xchange program. Simply call our sales department at 877-474-4821, prompt “2”, and they will place your order for the new merchandise right away. Even though they will need to charge you for that entire order, we will be happy to credit you back for the returned merchandise once we receive and inspect the original product. Shipping charges will apply to exchanges.
If you have further questions about returns and exchanges, please visit one of the topic-specific pages below:
If you are returning merchandise within 30 days from the date of receipt, and the item has not been installed, modified and is complete, you may return all or part of the order to receive a full refund for the original purchase price of the product. Original shipping, return shipping and handling costs are non-refundable. If you are returning merchandise after 31 days, a 15-30% restock fee will apply and store credit will be issued for the balance. No returns will be accepted on merchandise after 90 days.
- Shipping costs are nonrefundable.
- A Return Goods Authorization RGA FORM must accompany all returns.
- All merchandise must be in original boxes and include all original packaging manuals and merchandise materials in order to avoid a restock fee.
- Labor, installation, surcharges or any other applicable fees from the original purchase are non-refundable.
- Serial numbers cannot be altered.
- Returns for merchandise received as part of a “free shipping” offer will be credited for the amount of the returned merchandise less actual outbound shipping charges paid by us and any restocking fee that may apply.
- Any restocking fee we use will be a reflection on current market value. We do not support attempts to profit on pro-rate adjustments or price fluctuations.
- We are not responsible for any consequential damage to vehicles.
The following items cannot be returned:
- Tires and wheels that have been mounted and or installed.
- Opened electrical items such as computers, Unichips, programmers, wiring kits, etc.
- Custom made floor mats, dash covers, seat covers, car covers or any item that has been monogrammed.
- Closeout or Clearance items.
- Snow Chains.
- Any item that has been custom painted.
- Custom mechanical products.
- Special ordered items.
If you are unsure about an order you wish to place for ANY reason, then please contact our sales department before you place an order. We cannot stop an order once it has been placed.
All shipments should be inspected at the time of delivery. Obviously damaged packages should be refused immediately; or within the first 10 days of delivery (no claims can be filed after 10 days of delivery).
- If your damaged shipment was delivered by UPS, please call 800-PICK-UPS and report the damage.
- If your damaged shipment was delivered by Truck Freight, please contact the freight carrier at the phone number on the carrier's bill.
After contacting the carrier, please call our Customer Service at 800-333-5535 prompt 5 for further assistance.
Product that has been installed, modified or has missing parts cannot be returned to us. If the merchandise qualifies for a Manufacturer’s Warranty or guarantee, we will be happy to assist you in getting in touch with the original Manufacturer of that product. Look for warranty and guarantee information in the original product box.
If a product is returned without the Return Goods Authorization form Merchandise return form filled out in its entirety, the refund will be jeopardized. Without proof of delivery of the return then there will be no refund. For in-store returns, please bring a filled out Merchandise return form, along with the original invoice and the product that is being returned or exchanged.
Special orders must be paid for, in full, in advance and are non returnable. No refund will be issued on special ordered items.
If merchandise is defective or damaged upon receipt, it may be returned to us within 30 days of receiving your order. You can request a gift card, an even exchange, full credit towards another purchase or a refund.
At 4 Wheel Parts, we guarantee the workmanship of all of our products for a period of 30 days from the date of receipt. To extend the guarantee on your purchases, we recommend that you purchase an XTREME warranty or a No Questions Asked Tire Warranty.
Most of our products are covered by Manufacturer’s Warranties and/or Guarantees and cover the merchandise for a certain period of time after your purchase. We act as the agent between you, the customer, and the manufacturer. Check the documentation that you received with the merchandise for more information regarding the product warranty policy. Should your product fail after 30 days, please contact our customer service department and we will assist you in submitting a claim to the manufacturer.
All returned items will be inspected for warranty eligibility. We or the manufacturer will replace, repair or refund the product based on our findings. In bound freight must be prepaid by the customer to one of our distribution centers for warranty inspection.
Trans American Auto Parts and its subsidiaries will not be liable for any indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages from any products sold. We will not be responsible or liable for inconvenience, labor, legal fees or any other costs incurred while the item is being inspected or replaced.
Warranties are non-transferrable. They are in effect as long as the original purchaser owns the merchandise and for the time agreed upon in the terms and conditions of that warranty or guarantee.
Exclusions from warranties:
- Electrical and computer items.
- Engine upgrades are subject to inspection, and/or final approval by manufacturer for return and credit allowance.
- Any problem from misuse or improper installation.
- Damage to your vehicle.
- Cosequential costs or damages.
For warranties or guarantees that extend beyond that provided by the Companies or manufacturer; we recommend that you purchase one of our Road Hazard (XTreme) or No Questions Asked Tire Warranties.
Tires are covered under the manufacturer’s warranty only. No adjustments will be made in case of abuse by user, fire, theft, vandalism or alignment issues. Other issues such as road hazards, trued tires, under or over inflation, cut by vehicle, nail holes, cut punctures, flat spots, etc. are not covered.
If you purchased a Road Hazard Warranty, we will follow our Puncture Repair procedure to determine if your tire should be repaired, at no expense, or replaced under this coverage. While the repair cost is covered under your warranty, the charge for re-balancing that tire is not covered. Maximum reimbursement or coverage is $25.00 per tire patch.
If your tire becomes unusable due to road hazard related mishaps and cannot be repaired, we will pro-rate the adjustment based upon the remaining, unused tread on the tire. We will apply the credit towards the new purchase if below 50%. If 50% and above you will receive full credit towards the replacement tire. Then we will replace the unusable tire with a tire of same brand and tread wear (all terrain/mud terrain) of the current mark up value or sell price. We do not cover remount and balance tire fees.
Limitation of coverage: Coverage with Road Hazard Warranty extends for the full period of the mileage of the tire. This coverage is not transferable to a new owner, or if the owner mounts the tires on another vehicle. Coverage extends to such damage as un-repairable tread punctures damage from potholes, nails, glass and jagged metal which cause cuts, snags, punctures, impact breaks, bruises and rim cuts. Vandalism, theft, uneven wear or fire mishaps are not covered under this warranty.
HOW TO DETERMINE TIRE TREAD PRORATION
- Find the Manufacturer, style, part number for the tire, note the original tread depth (in/32nds).
- Using a tread gauge, measure the remaining tread depth at the center of the tread face.
- Locate the remaining tread depth (number) on the chart, the percent below is the percentage of remaining tread and will be used to determine the amount of credit the Customer will receive towards the purchase price of that
(Multiply the original purchase price by percentage to determine the amount of credit)
- (A) Procomp
- (B) X Terrain
- (C) 31/10.050R15
- (D) 35031
- (E) 20.0
- (F) Remaining tread depth (in32nds)---8
- (G) Percentage of remaining tread ---- 40%
- Original purchase price $ 190.99 X .40% = $76.40